Siemens is an integrated technology company. The business activities of our Energy, Healthcare, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Field Service Rep – II
Req ID: 145960
Job Location: Port-Harcourt
This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative, and deals with customer service assignment including on-site preventive maintenance and inspection service work, call-out services and commissioning activities on SIEMENS turbo-compressor products and packages.
- Under general direction and instructions, independently determines and develops approaches to solutions to customer requirements and problems.
Scope of work:
- Health, Safety and Environmental: Understands and complies with SIEMENS and customer QHSE policies and procedures.
- Ensure the work permit system is complied with.
- Ensure safe site and practices.
- Participate by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings.
- Suggest safety improvements.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacturer’s recommendations and good practices.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the categories of maintenance on the products and various equipment associated with primary package.
- Must be able to recognize abnormal sounds vibrations, and potential safety problems at inception and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard that could develop to equipment damage or loss of production.
- Provide timely and daily reports to the relevant manager on on-going projects or daily work. Keep abreast of pending work and personnel required to complete the projects.
- Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Accurate feedback and communication to pre-planned report format. Keep and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Co-ordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required.
- Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable to customer representatives.
- Will utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems. Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely manner and at a nominal cost.
- Master all procedures and available options of identifying sources of information and technical advice.
- Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Provide short to medium term scheduling of personnel and materials required for smooth routine maintenance and commissioning of plant.
- Adequate strategy of engaging operations in releasing equipment in a timely manner for maintenance.
- Will be, required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
- Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out within company policy, manufacturers’ recommendations and in a safe manner.
- Ensure major interventions are planned, executed on schedule and within commercial orders.
- Will have served a recognized apprenticeship or equivalent period of training. Will possess a technical qualification e.g. Degree, HNC/ HND, ONC, C&G, Certificate and will have 3–5 years’ experience in a related industry. Higher experience/skill levels may balance lower academic qualifications, and visa versa.
- Experience in an onshore/offshore environment is essential, also familiarity with rotating equipment and PLC systems. This experience may be either mechanical or Instrument/ Electrical and the SSR-II will be capable of a cross-disciplined approach to the job.
- Will be familiar with Gas Turbine theory, Compressors theory and operational practice including control system logic, driven equipment and processes both upstream and downstream.
- Will have the ability to program and basic troubleshooting on SIEMENS controls, PLC Logic and familiar with RSLogix systems.
- Will hold and maintain a full offshore medical and survival certificate to suit all areas of assignment.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 15th October, 2013