Adexen is pioneering in HR and Recruitment Process Optimization to service its customers. All clients enjoy the flexibility of choosing dedicated Onshore, Nearshore, or Offshore services.
Our HR and Advisory consultants have many years experience of working with leading multinationals and large local companies across Africa and other emerging markets. Whether you are considering implementation of a new HR strategy or a move to outsource your resourcing function then our consultants can offer advice on a creative solution to your problem.
Our client is a worldwide leader in providing major mechanical components for land and offshore drilling rigs, complete land drilling and well servicing rigs, tubular inspection and internal tubular coatings, drill string equipment, extensive lifting and handling equipment, and a broad offering of downhole drilling motors, bits and tools
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by an oil and gas engineering service firm to recruit a cost controller for its operations in Nigeria
Job Title: Cost Controller
Job reference: 264
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The position will report to the Project Director.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Archiving and distribution of correspondence and Actions
- Ensure use of correct templates and correct numbering on correspondence
- Arrange meetings as required and attend meetings as required
- Make Minutes of Meeting as required
- Responsible for compilation of the functional budgets, implementation and maintenance of the cost control System and cost reporting.
- Consistent application of cost control and reporting standards and policy. Monitor the cost, progress, and Schedule and conduct analyses to come up with independent forecasts for internal reporting.
- Have a solid understanding of project risks and mitigations and incorporate them into costs and schedules.
- Work with Project Control manager to ensure that project control systems are fully implemented to meet project need and reporting requirement
- Interface with Corporate Teams for project follow-up and reporting. ” Maintain current cost control database.
- Review proposed schedule changes with construction personnel, client and contractors.
- Support Project Control Manager on adhoc assignment
- Lead all cost analysis and controls activity associated with the project
- To prepare and report upon cost functions within the Contract in accordance with project/company procedures.
- Provide comprehensive cost control, change control, analysis and reporting.
- Monitor and report costs against project Target Cost Estimates.
- Co-ordinate & maintain a robust Change Management process and recommend actions accordingly.
- Analyse data and interface with project delivery team in relation to potential over/under-runs, and assist with mitigation measures.
- Interface with Project Manager & delivery team to develop forecasts and feedback to Contract Administrator.
- Collate ad hoc man-hour/non-productive/cost & change request data, as required.
- Manage project specific cost procedures and work instructions.
- Responsible for project cost team.
- Bachelor or Master s degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering, Business or Commercial based discipline;
- Considerable engineering/tendering experience, proven track record of tendering EPC work in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Minimum of 10 years Project Controls and Cost Engineering experience, with a strong EPC, Oil & Gas background.
- Must have a high degree of knowledge and experience related to Project Cost Control and planning techniques. Advanced
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction and startup work processes.
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases, word processing and PowerPoint, with experience of specialist Project Controls applications.
- A strong client facing background with previous experience of dealing and presenting information to major clients on large projects.
- Ability to interpret contract, manage financial risk, estimating and forecasting.
- Attractive Package
Mode Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 15th October, 2013