Strong Technologies – Since 1998, Strong Technologies l.l.c. has remained a major player in the satellite TV receiving equipment industry in the region. As at today, over 5 million households, in the Middle East alone, are equipped with a Strong branded product.
The group’s activities are diverse and include manufacturing and distribution of products ranging from perfume to carbon fibre sports products, from oil supply equipment to fabrics, from motors to satellite TV receiving equipment and content.
Strong Solution Nigeria is seeking a highly motivated, customer service focused, self-driven, organized IT professional to join our team. The IT SA will be responsible for building and maintaining a stable and secure infrastructure, providing technical support to end users, and administering Windows/Linux servers.
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Job Location: Abuja
- Administer and modify network configurations as requested.
- Participate in the implementation of network configuration related to firewalls, switches, and routers.
- Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Install, configure, and ensure the maintenance of the network systems.
- Support local and remote users’ hardware, operating system, applications and connectivity.
- Inventory of all equipments in the field and at offices.
- Keep offices set up and coordinated (internet, phone, fax, printing etc. are up and functional).
- Assess and maintain all equipment in good working order.
- Replace equipment as needed before failure.
- Manage and supervise a group of technicians.
- Create Support documents for employees.
- Animate Training sessions for employees.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, including Windows XP
- Server 2008, SQL Server, and IIS
- Managerial skills as the candidate will have to supervise a group of technicians
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize work duties, and a team player
- Need to be available to handle emergencies and on-call duties in case of business needs
- Strong problem solving skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Strong knowledge of firewall and VPN technologies
- Experience in Windows system administration, configuration and scripting
- Understanding of project managements principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed (can set schedule/priorities and multi-task)
- Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering or combination of education and training equal to a degree
- Ideally 2-3 years of strong experience as an IT Administrator with LAN, WAN, and SAN; common operating systems, software packages and software utilities.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications (CV + Cover Letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 20th October, 2013.